Monday 30 January 2012

New Year, New Face

It's still January so the year is still new and as usual I have planned to make changes. The usual, weight loss, save more la de dah de dah .
This year however with 30 looming around the corner la de dah will no longer cut it. So one by one I have been tackling the things I want to change. One big item is skin care.
You would think that someone who loves makeup and fussing over their face would spend more time taking care of their skin.
What I do spend is alot of money actually buying skincare items but I never seem to finish them. But no more. Starting now I am embarking on an EB challenge, The Empty Bottle challenge. From my undereye serums to my night resurfacing elixer I intend to actually finish a bottle of something, anything!  This doesn't only make pocket sense but often we quit using something before it even has a chance to make a marked difference in our appearance.

I am  doing seven things to improve my skin this year .

1. Keeping my fingers away from my face. Scratching, pinching and squeezing are doing nothing other than putting germs on my face and leaving unsightly scars.

2. Cleansing, toning and moisturizing twice a day. I want to work on my pores so I am currently using Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum before I moisturize.


3. Wearing sunscreen everyday.. ..or at least a moisturizer with a suitable SPF.
I am giving Clinique's Age Defense Moisturizer a try.


4. Using a mask once every week.
5. Exfoliating regularly. I know whenever I heard the term exfoliate before all I could see is  the old st. Ives Apricot Scrub and the scratches I made rubbing that sanding lotion onto my face. But select a gentle exfoliator. In fact an exfoliator doesn't even need to have granules in it to be effective. Chemical exfoliates have been proven to slough off dead skin cells without the harsh scrubbing action of granules.
I am currently loving Olay Regenerist Nightime Resurfacing Elixir.

 
6. Taking off my makeup before bed....THOROUGHLY !!! More on what I'm using later.

7. Being consistent ! It doesn't help my cause starting, then stopping, anything.  My scale can tell you that .
Good makeup should start with good skin care and I intend to make this the year I focus on having clean, clear and healthy skin.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this EB challenge. I'm the exact same with hair, skin care and makeup products! I started recently with some Avene moisturizers and I'm loving those so far so let's see how long this love affair can last :). Good luck with your challenge.
    Divalicious bouquet bride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!!! i'm the same thing although I do finish my bottles ... i never remember to restock so I run out and think well my skin is nice i'll pick up those product whenever and then ... in a couple weeks an entire blackhead colony has moved into my face and is selling off prime real estate on my nose and cheeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete